McFarlane now owns the STC and has FAA-PMA approval for this great product that has saved aircraft owners countless dollars in propeller maintenance.
Anti-abrasion boot for your metal propeller
It is more economical to protect your propeller blades with PROP GUARD than to continually file, dress, paint and balance your blades until they have to be replaced. Water, sand, rock, and airborne abrasives are constantly eroding your propeller. As the name suggests, this product can eliminate this destructive process. Virtually all propeller blade failures start as leading edge nicks.
- PROP GUARD is a 0.014" thick clear anti-abrasion boot that is bonded to the leading edge of the propeller
- PROP GUARD is made from a special high strength heat processed polymer engineered for centrifugal loads. It is NOT just a piece of tape!
- Easy to install (approximately 20 minutes installation time)
- No performance loss
- Fully tested
- FAA-PMA/STC approved (minor alteration, no form 337 required)
- Installation Tutorial Video
For more information, please see Part Number FP1001 for two blades or Part Number CS1002 for three blades.
Convenient Repair Kits
Repair kits to allow repair of existing PROP GUARD installations. Please see P/N PG-KT-R12 for 12 inches of material or P/N PG-KT-R24 for 24 inches of material.
PROP GUARD Installation Tool
P/N TOOL125 is a rubber coated roller that makes working air bubbles out during installation easier than using the spatula included with the PROP GUARD kits. Saves time and makes installation easier!