FAA-PMA Approved Baffle Seals for Cessna 172Q,R,S Aircraft
- Cowl SaverTM new low friction laminated material (30x less friction than silicone)
- Cut to fit. Saves time!
- Addresses issues raised in SB 08-53-01 regarding cracking due to vibration
- BSC-KT-1 kit includes all required baffle seals, MS20470A4-5 soft rivets and 6036-012 retainer strips for one aircraft
- Costs less!
Cowl SaverTM Baffle Seal Material
Reduces airframe vibration and stops cowl and firewall cracks
You can feel the difference!
Baffle seal friction causes airframe vibration and destroys cowls
Typical silicone rubber baffle seals have a coefficient of friction among the highest of any known material. This friction transfers
engine vibration into your cowl and firewall causing fastener fretting, fatigue, cracking, chaffing and airframe vibration.
Cowl SaverTM Baffle Seal Material has 30 times less friction!
- Dramatically reduces the friction between your cowl and baffle seals.
- One side is silicone and the other is the revolutionary friction free surface unique to the patented Cowl SaverTM.
Low friction saves you money!
- Reduces transfer of damaging engine vibration to the engine cowl and airframe
- Minimizes cowl chaffing and erosion from baffle seals
- Thicker low friction layer for longer life
- Reduces expensive cowl and cowl fastener repairs
- Reduces fatigue and cracking in aluminum baffles and cowl skins
- The cowling even goes on easier!
- Ideal balance of flexibility and stiffness to insure a proper seal
- Advanced laminated construction has less friction and seals better
- Fiberglass reinforced
- Meets industry standard AMS3320G specification
- McFarlane quality you can count on!
Note: For proper function, install Cowl Saver material so that only the low friction (black) side touches the cowl's inside surface.
View the Demo Video and Product flyer (also available in Spanish).
U.S. Pat. No. 8,070,099