Seat Adjustment Springs for Piper Aircraft
Replacement springs just got more affordable!
- Direct replacement - no conversion kit required
- One required per bucket seat
- Avoid downtime and expense of repeated overhauls
Replacements for both styles now available:
Gas Spring Style - P/N MC587-404
- Replaces Piper P/N 587-404 or 89178-010*
- Originals were manufactured by Stabilus Bloc-O-Lift or Gas Springs Corp Easy Lift
- M10x1 metric thread (~0.39 inch diameter)
- Adapter P/N MC37902-06 also available (threads on end of spring)
*Some Piper parts catalogs do not list part number 587-404 separately, but list an assembly part number of 89178-010 instead. McFarlane P/N MC587-404 replaces the spring component of this assembly and adapter P/N MC37902-06 replaces the block.
Coil Spring/Hydraulic Style - P/N MC555-692
- McFarlane replaces the old coil spring/hydraulic style with a gas spring
- Replaces Piper P/N 76445-000 or 555-692
- Originals were manufactured by P. L. Porter Hydrolok
- 3/8-24 UNF thread
Aircraft make, model and serial number are not sufficient to ensure the correct replacement spring as many aircraft may have been originally equipped with either one or retrofitted with a conversion kit. If the spring you are replacing is marked with a brand name (e.g. P. L. Porter or Stabilus) the correct replacement is readily identified. The coil spring/hydraulic style are also identifiable by a 1-1/4" diameter visible coil spring. The thread may also be measured to verify the correct identification.
Original Gas Spring Style
Original Coil Spring/Hydraulic Style