Steering Rod Boots
McFarlane steering rod boots are manufactured with a black Kevlar/fiberglass blend fabric. The fatigue resistance of Kevlar is uniquely mated with the fire resistance of fiberglass. This is a super tough, high temperature fabric that will provide many years of outstanding performance.
- P/Ns MC0413304-3 for 150-152 and MC0543015-6 for 172, 175 and early 182
- Keeps the exhaust and carbon monoxide out of the cabin
- Protects the cabin in case of an engine fire
Tired of "soft" worn out steering rods? Make it steer like new again: Replace them with improved McFarlane steering rods.
- New redesigned long life springs!
- Stainless steel tubes for improved corrosion resistance (MC0543022 Series)
- Hardened internal washer for greater durability
- Optimum performance even after years of service
Doublers and Rod Ends
For ordering information, go to Steering Rods, Boots and Doublers.
How do I know if my steering rods need to be replaced?
- Nose wheel steering is unusually sluggish
- One or both sides offer little or no spring resistance to steering output
- More than 1-1/8" of free travel is present in either steering rod
- The aircraft pulls to either side during taxiing
- Inconsistent steering or rudder rigging