- For use in non-certified aircraft applications such as cabin heat, cabin air and defrost
- Keyed shaft prevents rotation and maintains knob alignment
- All metal construction
- High temperature Teflon lined conduit for smooth, consistent control
- Liner prevents premature wire wear due to vibration
- Cheapy controls with poly liners will not tolerate engine temperatures
- Many knob styles available or provide your own knob with 10-32 thread
- Knobs are not included with the control and may be ordered separately
- Available in 4, 6, 8, 10, 12 foot and custom lengths
- Measured from panel fitting to end of conduit, wires extend at least 3 inches beyond conduit
- Easily trimmed to length
- Available with optional creep resistant feature to prevent control creep due to engine vibration
- Travel (stroke): 3.75" maximum *
- Conduit: 0.188 inch OD Teflon lined wound conduit
- Max Work Loads: 10 lbs (Pull), 5 lbs (Push)**
- Operating Temp: -65 to 450 deg F
- Inner Wire: 0.061 inch solid wire
- Screw thread for knob attachment: 10-32 x .3
- Screw thread for instrument panel: 3/8-24 x .5
- See McFarlane Universal Light-Weight Controls for further specifications
* Installer must ensure maximum travel is not exceeded during installation and rigging of the control.
** Maximum push load with 3-1/2" of wire extending from the conduit.
Note: Push loads depend on wire diameter, length of wire not supported by conduit and geometry of the rigging.
Note: Not for use for flight controls or flight control trim tabs.
How to Order:
Order control part number MCU124-LLL where LLL is the length of the control in inches.
Control with creep resistant feature:
Order control part number MCU224-LLL where LLL is the length of the control in inches.
Don't Forget a Knob:
Order unmarked or standard engraved knobs separately from the styles and colors indicated in the following table: Light-Weight Control Knob Options.
Custom Engraved Knobs:
Custom laser marking of the knobs is available for $25.00 per knob. Receive a $15.00 discount for each additional knob with the same design. Please call 866-920-2741 or email email@example.com for details.
Engraving Request Form